Bachelor of Science in Microbiology is a 3-year under graduate course or programme that provides study of life span of microscopic organisms. In other words, BSc. Microbiology is a microscopic Biology. We deal with various micro organisms in our daily life such as Bacteria, yeast, viruses etc that are impossible to see from human eyes. Therefore, we use microscope, a laboratory instrument to see them and to study the effects of these micro organism on humans. And also that how can we utilize those organisms for human benefits. The Reason for which it is demanding nowadays as it is valuable for many industries. For instance, its benefactor reasons vary from drug dealing industries to food and beverages industries.
A Candidate who is interested in doing BSc. Microbiology must pass +2 or senior secondary with Physics, Chemistry and Biology in pre-university’s syllabus. Along with, 55%of marks is also necessary to get admitted in any college for BSc. Microbiology.
Career Options after doing BSc. Microbiology
- Teaching: Educating students about the helpfulness and rareness of micro organisms.
- Geneticists: Letters A,C,G and T are merely meaningless letters for anyone but considering them together gives meaning to them as a Genetic Code and Geneticists study the process of inheriting and transmitting the inheritance traits from one generation of organisms to another.
- Biotechnologists: Manoeuvring genes in order to generate improved form of organisms is the job of Biotechnologists.
- Scientific Writer: Writer who writes articles for professionals as well as to spread public awareness regarding new genetic innovations and experiments.
- Cell Biologists explores the lifespan of a cell in the molecules.
- Medical Microbiologists are the doctors who diagnosis and provide the treatment for the microbial diseases.
Outstanding Universities that offer BSc. Microbiology
|Orissa||Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology||Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubneshwar-751003|
|Andhra Pradesh||Osmania University||Faculty of Science, Administrative Building, Hyderabad-50007|
|Chandigarh||Panjab University||Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh-160014|
|Maharashtra||North Maharashtra University||Faculty of Science, PO Box No. 80, Umavinagar, Jalgaon-425002|
|Manipur||Manipur University||Manipur University,Imphal|
|Karnataka||Mangalore University||Faculty of Science, University Campus, Mangalagangothri -574199|
|Karnataka||Karnatak University||Faculty of Science, pavate Nagar, Dharwad-580003|
|Andhra Pradesh||Kakatiya University||Kakatiya University, Vidyaranyapuri, Warangal-506009|
|Uttar Pradesh||Gurukalkangri Vishwavidhyalaya||Faculty of Science, PO Gurukullangri, Haridwar-249404|
|Punjab||Guru Nanak Dev University||GNDU, Faculty of Science and Technology, Amritsar-143005|
|Delhi||Delhi University||Delhi University, Delhi-110007|
|Gujarat||Gujarat University||Faculty of Science, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad-380009|
|Maharashtra||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad-431004|
|Goa||Goa University||Faculty of Science , Sub PO Goa University, Taleigao Plateau-403203|
The Fees for BSc. Microbiology varies from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 37,500 per annum.