MSc. Mathematics, having full form as Master of Science in Mathematics is a 2-year post graduate degree course for the aspirants who wanted to pursue their studies more deeply in learning pure and applied form of mathematics in the real life. The whole degree may catch the eyes of scientists, mathematicians as well as engineers who want to learn the higher level knowledge about applied mathematics. Mathematics is considered to be the heart in advance sciences, engineering as well as technology which further contributes in problem-solving and decision-making instruments in business, finance and accounting industry in both public and private sectors. Mathematics enhances your intellectual thinking and reasoning skills which becomes the interest of employers. Students who acquires symbolic and mathematical approach in problem solving becomes the hallmark for the organisation.
Reasons to study MSc. Mathematics
- Post Graduate in Mathematics differ you from largely graduate level population.
- You can become professional programmer or work in finance for which your graduate level skills and knowledge proves to be deficient in your career perspective.
- When it comes to do Specialisation in the field of Mathematics, Post graduate degree can provide a way out for it.
- The Amount of opportunities is vast as post graduate students with high mathematical knowledge and skills required for the jobs like in finance, education, engineering, business, social, research work in mathematics and science as well.
- The completion of this degree course ensures cognitive skills, key skills, practical and professional, knowledge and understanding skills acquired by the students.
A Candidate has to qualify minimum 55-60% marks aggregate along with Mathematics/ Statistics with Bachelor of Arts(B.A.) or Bachelor of Science(B.Sc.) in Mathematics/Statistics.
An Entrance Exam can be conducted as per the criteria of the concerned University.
a) Ph.D in Mathematics
b) M.Phil in Mathematics
c) Researcher in an Organisation
- Operation Research Analyst
- Numerical Analyst
- Estimator/ Mathematical Analyst
- Bank Examiner
- Benefits Administrator
- Production Manager
- Foreign-Exchange Trader
- Purchase Agent/ Buyer
- Computer Programmer
- Information Scientist
- Insurance Agent
- Investment Researcher
- System Analyst
- Credit/Loan Officer
- Cost Estimator
- Market Research Analyst
Colleges/ Institutes/University that provides MSc. Mathematics:
- St. Stephan’s College, Mumbai
- IIT, Delhi, Kanpur, Agartala, Roorkee, Madras, Guwahati, Bombay, Kharagpur
- NIT Warangal, Agartala, Jalandhar
- MNIT Jaipur
- MNNIT Allhahbad
- BITS pilani
- Madras Institute of Technology
- Indraprastha College for Women
- Hindu College
- ISM Dhanbad
- Dr. Ambedkar Govt. Arts College, Chennai
- Ramjas College
As per the university’s ownership, fee amount varies but approximately lies in between Rs. 15,000 to Rs.37,000.