There is a wide variety of Panasonic Toughbooks available and there are still some Toughbooks yet to be launched. Panasonic Company is quite famous for the Panasonic Toughbooks. Now Panasonic is all ready to launch the Panasonic Toughbook tablet series. Panasonic Toughbook comes with the features which are reliable and provide good functionalities. Panasonic Toughbook Tablet is scheduled to launch later in the year 2011. The list of specifications is given below:
- Panasonic Toughbook comes with the Genuine Windows 7 professional (with XP downgrade option) operating system
- The processor for Panasonic Toughbook is Intel core i5-540 UM vProTM. The processing speed is 1.2 GHz which can be Turbo Boosted up to 2 GHz.
- Panasonic Toughbook contains an Intel Smart cache memory of 3MB
- It has a 10.4 inch XGA multi-touch LED backlit display screen
- Panasonic Toughbook has a memory capacity of 2 GB SD RAM which is expandable up to 8 GB 5.1 lbs and a 160 GB SATA (shock-mounted and quick release) hard drive
- The screen resolution is 1024 X 768 pixels (720p HD)
- There is an availability of an optional 128 GB solid state drive (SSD) and a touchscreen display or optional dual touch display (Digitizer + Touchscreen) in the Panasonic Toughbook tablet.
- Toughbook tablet has a full magnesium alloy case and is fully rugged.
- Toughbook tablet is IP65 certified and MIL-STD-810G (6 foot drop)
- Comes with a shock mounted flex connect HDD with quick release
- Connectivity features in Toughbook tablet are WI-FI 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Availability of WiMAX mobile broadband and Optional Gobi is also there in Toughbook Tablet.
- Provides a battery backup of up to nine hours.
- Other features of the Panasonic Toughbook tablet includes: GPS receiver, Fingerprint reader, smart card reader, optional integrated features, Firewire, Backlit keyboard (emissive or rubber), camera, Dual-antenna pass throughs,56K data or Fax modem, PC card, External video (VGA), Port replicator, headphones and speakers, Microphones or line-in, USB 2.0 X 2, Express card 10/100/1000 Ethernet, SD card (SDHC), Serial, one year warranty for the parts and labor, 2-1,000 nit LCD Brightness, Concealed mode, compatibility with 4G network.
The Panasonic Toughbook tablet is considered to be the first blue-collar Android tablet. Its special features like full-shift battery life and bright, daylight viewable 10.4 inch multi-touch screen will surely attract many eyes when it gets launched.