Paryushan Parva (Dash Lakshan Parva) is the Jain festival celebrated for self-purification and uplift of oneself. Paryushan Parva 2011 dates: Paryushan begins on August 26 and ends on September 2. It falls in Bhadrapad month of Hindu calendar. It extends from the fifth day to fourteenth day of Krishna Paksha or bright fortnight of Bhadrapad…
Paryushan Parva is the biggest festival for Jains and in Jainism. Paryushan Parva 2011 dates – Paryushan starts on September 2. Hey people, check out some yummy and mouthwatering recipes for Paryushan festival which is celebrated by the people of Jain religion. I am sure you all would love these sumptuous recipes and prepare in your homely kitchen cabinets!
¼ cup ghee, 4 tsp dry ginger powder, ¼ cup jiggery, 1cup whole wheat flour, 1/8 cup finely chopped almonds and pistachios
- Heat oil in big vessel. Roast wheat flour in it over medium flame. Stir continuously till it turns brown in color.
- Remove vessel from pan and add jaggery into it. Stir vigorously for half minute so that jaggery melts and mixes in nice way.
- Grease thali and spread the mixture on it evenly. Garnish it with nuts. Keeps it aside to cool down. Once it gets cooled down, cut into desired shape and size.
Raw banana curry
1/2 tsp turmeric powder, pinch of asafetida,6 banana, water to boil, ¼ tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp oil, salt to taste, 1 tsp coriander powder, ½ cup buttermilk, ½ tsp chili powder
- Peel off the bananas and slit them into 2 halves. Now immerse all banana pieces into 1 big bowl of water.
- Boil these banana pieces with salt. Cover pan and continue to cook till they become tender. Drain.
- Now heat oil in pan and sauté cumin seeds. Also add asafetida. Now add bananas with other ingredients. Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer dish to serving bowl and serve hot with chapatti.
Methi papad curry
4 papad, salt to taste, 1/2 cup fenugreek seeds, 1 tsp oil, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp asafetida,1 cup water, 1 tsp coriander powder, juice of ½ lemon, pinch of sugar, ½ tsp chili powder
- Soak fenugreek seeds for 30 minutes. Now pressure cook them till 4-5 whistles come.
- Heat oil in pan and add asafetida and fenugreek seeds in it. Also add all the other ingredients except papad.
- Semi-roast papad and then add them to curry in pan after breaking tem, into medium size pieces. Boil and then cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Serve hot.