Navaratri is the festival of devotion and fasting for Hindus. This festival is celebrated with number of satvik dishes which you can easily prepare in your homely cabinets! Some of satavik navaratri recipes are mentioned below try them out! I am sure not only you but also your family members and friends would love these recipes! So don’t waste time in thinking much and start preparing!
3 cups water, 1cup samvat rice, 1 large potato, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 cloves, 1 small piece of cinnamon, ½ tsp red chili powder, 2 green cardamom, 2 tsp rock salt, few Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a pan over medium heat. Splutter cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- When these ingredients turn golden brown in color, add potato and rice. Stir fry.
- Add rest of the ingredients except coriander leaves. Cook on medium heat.
- Reduce the heat, cover pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve after garnishing with coriander leaves.
1 potato, rock salt to taste, 1 cup sago, oil for deep frying, 6 green chilies, ½ cup roasted peanuts
- Wash sago and drain water. Soak it in water for 2 hours so that it gets puffed.
- Crush peanuts coarsely.
- Peel, boil and mash the potatoes.
- Heat oil in pan and make a paste of all the ingredients. Now prepare small flat disks of paste and fry them in oil so that they turn golden brown in color.