Monsoons are here! We all love eating spicy and oily food items in rainy season but instead of munching on outside food, you can prepare healthy and mouthwatering snacks in our home only. Check out some tasty and yummy monsoon snacks which are very easy to prepare in your kitchen cabinets!
Sweet and sour bread pakora
½ packet of bread, 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves, 200gm besan, 1 pinch of soda, 1 cup jam, oil for frying, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp aijwain, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp spicy powder, 50gm rice flour, ½ tsp coriander powder
- In a big bowl, add besan, soda, salt, spicy powder, coriander powder, rice flour, coriander leaves, red chili powder together. Add warm water to it and prepare batter of nice consistency.
- On one side of bread slice, apply jam. Cover it with another bread slice. Now prepare others breads in the same way.
- Heat oil in a kadhai over high flame. Dip prepared breads in besan batter and fry them in heated oil. Fry till they turn crisp and brown.
- Transfer them to serving plate and serve hot with chutney.
3 soft corns, 1 cup besan, oil for frying, 1 tsp pakore masala, some chopped green coriander leaves, 1/2 tsp eno fruit salt
- Pressure cook two corns over medium flame.
- Grate the third corn nicely.
- Prepare nice batter by adding warm water to besan. Also add spicy masala, salt and eno fruit salt and mix well. Now add grated as well as the boiled corns in this batter and mix nicely.
- Give desired shape while preparing pakoras and then deep fry them in heated oil in kadhai. Transfer the pakoras to serving plate once they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot and crisp corn pakoras with green chutney and tomato ketchup.